NOTICE RELATING TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
- A&W (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“A&W”, “A&W Malaysia”, or “we”, “our” or “us”) respects and is committed to the protection of the personal data of its members and takes the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 very seriously. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). Please take note that A&W Malaysia may amend and/or revise this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or Facebook. Please read this Notice carefully as it contains important information about how we process and use your personal data.
- PDPA is an Act to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions and to provide for matters connected
therewith and incidental thereto.
- Data Subject (“you”, “your”) may have supplied and may continue from time to time, to supply us with personal data and information by use of our store services, enquiring about us or our services/facilities, participating in our promotional activities and contest, through business relations with us and/or for the compliance with any laws or guidelines issued by authorities.
- “Relevant Person” in relation to the Data Subject, howsoever described, means –
- In the case of a Data Subject who is below the age of eighteen (18) years, the parent, guardian or person who has parental
responsibility for the Data Subject;
- In the case of a Data Subject who is incapable of managing his own affairs, a person who is appointed by a court to manage those affairs, or a person authorized in writing by the data subject to act on behalf of the Data Subject; and/or
- In any other case, a person authorized in writing by the Data Subject to make a data access request, or both such request, on behalf of the Data Subject.
- The data is collected only if you choose to provide the information to us through the application form, registration form, feedback form, online registration or through other social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any other forms of social media. All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you, unless stated otherwise. In the event you fail to provide the requested information, we would not be able to process your request and/or provide you with relevant services.
- Such data may include information concerning your personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, signature), contact details (such as handphone number, address) and other legitimate purposes.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
- If you do provide us your data, consequently, please be informed that the data and other information provided by you then and including any additional information you may subsequently provide later, may be used and processed by A&W Malaysia for the following
- The processing of enquiries for our products and/or services
- Our promotional campaigns which include contest held on the website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and through other forms of social media.
- Research, statistical analysis and surveys in relation to our products and/or services ;
- For investigating, reporting, preventing or otherwise in relation to criminal activities generally; and/or
- For any purpose required by law or regulation.
- Your Personal Data is important to us and we are committed to keeping and processing the Personal Data in a secure manner. We have implemented appropriate administrative and security safeguards, procedures and policies to the extent practicable and in accordance with applicable laws to prevent any unauthorized and unlawful processing of the Personal Data and the accidental loss, destruction or damage to the Personal Data at all times.
- Your personal information provided to us is processed by entities (in or outside of Malaysia) within A&W Malaysia (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners). A&W Malaysia will ensure that:
- Access to your personal information is restricted to staff/ appointed third parties who are contractually required to process your personal information in accordance with their respective job requirements: and
- Only necessary information is released to the relevant employees/ appointed third parties.
- The refusal or failure to provide the Personal Data may result in the following:
- The inability to provide you with the information, products and/or services requested;
- The inability to provide you with updates of our products, promotions and/or services as well as obtaining your feedback on
our services; and/or
- The inability for us to process gift redemptions
- If you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data, or limit the use of it, or if you have any enquiries, complaints relating to the use of your Personal Information, or you would like to obtain access, update and make corrections to your Personal Information records, please contact us at:
Contact Person: Mohd Idzwan
Tel No: 03-5888 7600
Email: [email protected]
Any inquiries or complaints with respect to your Personal Data should be channelled to us in this manner.
- We may, from time to time, need or be required to change our Personal Data Protection Policy to comply with or be consistent with changes with applicable law and regulations as well as our business operations or policies. As such, you may wish to review any changes to our Personal Data Protection Policy at this website/Facebook page from time to time.